-- Jeremy Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/19/01 06:37:15 +1000

>> This one's gonna grind the net to a halt pretty quick. I hate to think
> what
>> this will mean for people running web servers at home over DSL (including
> me
>> soon).
>>
> Any suggestions on how we should respond? Update Apache::CodeRed to
> recognise the new signature, and send an appropriate message to postmaster
> and webmaster with an updated URL to point to?

Tickle your external filtering router and drop all packets to port 80.
You won't get anything done until this thing dies anyway, and especially
home systems can usually afford a few hours of downtime w/o the sky (or
aggravated users) falling around you.

sl