Basel, Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2001, 19:02:12

*see original email below*

Hello Horng-Twu

I was evaluating tools like silverstream then I dropped over Mason. I
rejoiced a) Perl is my native IT language b) the system is not a
blackbox like the products promoted with bells and whistles.

After studying the excellent manual I went on a research on similar
systems and I dropped over embperl.

So I installed and compared. I preferred the syntax of Mason, the
flexible way to build components, the caching ... it have to be
said here that I choose Mason ... my arguments might be not
independent :-) I can say that Mason is fine integrated in mod_perl.

I use Dreamweaver for the publishers and the <% and <& commands are
properly displayed as ASP-icons. I use it with Modules Apache::Session,
Apache::Cookie, Net::SMTP ... Of course Mason-CM is cool!

Best Regards Christian  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -

"Is it the idea or the names of it's incarnations, praise that there
is mod_perl and Mason|EmbPerl*" a newbie with first productive success.

(* many contributors not mentioned here,
   sorry the list would be far too long )

========== beginn original ==========
Date: Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2001, 17:39:32
Subject: Mason vs embperl

Hi,
I am planning a website and considering either
using Mason or using embperl. I already digged into
Mason and am reading embperl manual.
Can someone shed some light about these two tools with regard to
ease of use, current development effort, and the future support level?

Thanks,
Steve Lihn