From: Kee Hinckley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 12:38 PM
To: Lihn, Horng-Twu
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mason vs embperl

At 11:39 AM -0500 12/18/01, Lihn, Horng-Twu wrote:
>Hi,
>I am planning a website and considering either
>using Mason or using embperl. I already digged into
>Mason and am reading embperl manual.
>Can someone shed some light about these two tools with regard to
>ease of use, current development effort, and the future support level?

That could start an interesting battle.

I'll just say that I've found support for embperl to be excellent,
and that I went with it because it has an understanding of the
underlying html, making it very easy to fill in forms, iterate over
table rows with very little code.  Also, if you are doing database
work, look at using Embperl in conjunction with DBIx::Recordset.  And
of course, for Mason-style objects, look at EmbperlObject.

If perl is for lazy programmers, it seems to me that embperl carries
on that tradition by being designed for lazy html scripters.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.