> Sorry again. I've just checked sources and found that if mod_deflate
> received flush then it flushes both zlib and Apache.
>
> You can try to set autoflush in perl module with $|=1;
> or call $r->rflush; when you like to flush output.

I just tried using $r->rflush in my handler and it works perfectly :-)
The output gets rendered on the fly and it barely hurts the compression ratio. The 430
KB gets compressed to 26 KB instead of 24.5 KB :-) :-)

But wouldn't it be nice to have some mod_deflate option where you could specify that
mod_deflate should flush and send the currently compressed output every time it had
received a certain amount of input or every time it had generated a certain amount of
output.

We are, for instance, using a template module to generate the output. We just give the
template module a data structure and a template, and it then goes away and fills in
the template, outputting HTML. This means that we don't have any easy way of calling
flush at certain So we don't have any easy way of calling rflush once in a while.

Of course we might just modify or substitute the template module, but it seems like a
more "automatic" kind of "streaming" deflating (like described above) would be nice to
have.

Nicholas Oxhøj