Hi Milo,

thanks for your answer. I hope you will excuse, but I am not sure
whether I got you right.
> The session hash is serialized/deserialized in its entirety using the
> Storable module.
Does this mean, that - after tying the session hash - it is of no importance
(concerning the amount of time needed) whether I do
%everything_from_session_hash  =  %session_hash;  # or
$everything_from_session_hash{element1} = $session_hash{element1};
I actually thought that the second way saves time since only one value of
the hash (however big this may be) is extracted from the database.

Guess this was another silly question, thus a thousand times "thanks for
your help",
Chris