As an exercise studying mod_perl I am trying to see how could the MVC
pattern be implemented.  I've thought a possible approach would be to
write the model using normal Perl classes, and controllers and views
with Apache modules.

I suppose that controllers would use internal redirects to call the
views, is there a way to pass Perl data this way?  For example, in the
hangman game in O'Reilly's book a controller would load a session from
the cookie, process user's guest, modify the state and redirect the
request internally to the view.  Ideally the view shouldn't read the
data to display from the database again... could it be passed somehow by
the first content handler?

-- fxn