Hi Stas,
   I did peruse the SUPPORT file.  As far as I can
tell I have tried everything there.  Honestly, I have
no idea what to try next.  The configuration problem
seems to have stopped me dead in my tracks for using
mod_perl.  Meanwhile, I am resorting to plain
CGI-perl. At least that has always worked for me.

  As always, I would appreciate any more help I can
get.  Thanks.