Hi again,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Mike V. Andreev wrote:

> MaxRequestsPerChild 0 -- if I set this limit to 10 then the problem disappear
> but that way deprives project of mod_perl usage advantages

Not at all, for example 90 percent of your requests won't have to
reload Perl.  (Of course they won't all need to but the other ten
percent will reload it anyway unless you're using a light front
end... :).  But even I wouldn't usually use a value as low as 10.

Anyway, it looks like you're on the right track - probably a filehandle
not being closed or something.  Why not try using the Symbol::gensym
technique as shown in the Guide, this closes filehandles automatically
when they go out of scope.  It works very well for me.

73,
Ged.