I am desperate enough to use this thread to try to get an answer to my own
IPC question.  ;)

I keep getting the following error using OPEN3 along with the appropriate
modifications to my code for using mod_perl with Perl 5.6.1.  The offending
(and it is very offensive to me!) is:

[error] open3: Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at
C:/Perl/lib/IPC/Open3.pm line 327, <_GEN_0> line 154.
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] [libapreq] remove error on
'C:\WINNT\TEMP\apreq15'

Okay, it is two errors.  But I am quite positive they are related.  I am
trying to run this on Win32.  When I look at the processes, I found a bunch
of abandoned children that I had to kill off.

Any ideas?