At 17:18 28.04.2002, Ernest Lergon wrote:
>Now I'm scared about the memory consumption:
>
>The CSV file has 14.000 records with 18 fields and a size of 2 MB
>(approx. 150 Bytes per record).

Now a question I would like to ask: do you *need* to read the whole CSV
info into memory? There are ways to overcome this. For example, looking at
your data I suppose you might want to look for specific IDs, in that case
it would be much more efficient to read one line at a time and check if
it's the correct one. Otherwise you might want to make the move th a
relational database, this is the kind of thing RDMSes excel at.

Just some tips.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]