Ernest Lergon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you all for your hints, BUT (with capital letters ;-)
>
> I think, it's a question of speed: If I hold my data in a hash in
> memory, access should be faster than using any kind of external
> database.
>
> What makes me wonder is the extremely blown up size (mod)perl uses for
> datastructures.

Looks like you've skipped over my suggestion to use Apache::Status. It
uses B::Size and B::TerseSize to show you *exactly* how much memory each
variable, opcode and what not uses. No need to guess.

You can use B:: modules directly, but since you say that outside of
mod_perl the memory usage pattern is different I'd suggest using
Apache::Status.