Stas Bekman wrote:

> Ideally when such a
> situation happens, and you must load all the data into the memory, which
> is at short, your best bet is to rewrite the datastorage layer in XS/C,
> and use a tie interface to make it transparent to your perl code. So you
> will still use the hash but the refs to arrays will be actually C arrays.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with C(hinese) - but if someone could develop a
XS/Pascal interface ;-))

> Ernest Lergon wrote:
>
> > Another thing I found is, that Apache::Status seems not always report
> > complete values. Therefore I recorded the sizes from top, too.
>
> Were you running a single process? If you aren't Apache::Status could
> have shown you a different process.

Running httpd -X shows the same results.

I will use the named %index structure for now. Thanks to the modular OO
perl I can re-code my data package later, if the "memory explosion" hits
me again ;-))

Ernest

* VIRTUALITAS Inc.               *                                  *
* European Consultant Office     *      http://www.virtualitas.net  *
* Internationales Handelszentrum *   contact:Ernest Lergon          *
* Friedrichstraße 95             *    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* 10117 Berlin / Germany         *       ums:+49180528132130266     *
       PGP-Key http://www.virtualitas.net/Ernest_Lergon.asc