Hello!

We just finished writing first version of our system Agenda -
http://agenda.samara.net.

First of all I want to say about our framework - Apache::Site, which
we used in all our current projects (about 20). If you don't
interested just skip to next paragraph.
http://agenda.samara.net/Apache-Site.pm
It provides Framework for Template::Toolkit modules...
Combination of Apache::Site and Temlate::Toolkit is more powerful and
flexible for us than any other solutions on this page
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/08/21/templating.html?page=4
Module parses URI, determine handler from it, has a caching
capabilities... In short word, it is our template for mod_perl
handler, which works with Template::Toolkit.
We wrote about this module here, but didn't recieve any responses... I
think lack of documentation is a problem... or my gruesome english :)

Let's come back to Agenda...
It is pure model-view-controller application. There are Agenda.pm -
Template::Toolkit - Apache::Agenda.pm modules - therefore Agenda is
very flexible.
It works on Linux box now. It has a multi-language kernel. It has 2
languages now - english & russian, but we didn't write english Help
yet :(
Translation to other language or correcting of interface may be
performed from the same WEB interface.
It is in production for my studio (http://www.webzavod.ru/) during 2
months. Productivity rised greatly, president of our companies is
happy - he gets reports when he wants, I'm happy - I do not write
these reports.

And delicate topic... Our chief wants to sell this application...
Strange! :)) Price is $590 for one installation and unlimited licenses
now, but it requires Oracle now - we want to migrate the application
to free database (mySQL). Writing complex systems with powerful
databases such Oracle is much simpler on developer stage.
MSProject 2002 with comparable functionality (I saw MS Project - we
provide all basic functionality, I dont know what I need else from
Agenda now) but better interface :) will costs for our company (50
employees) ---
MSProject Server 2002 - $1500 + 50*$599 for Microsoft Project Standart
= $31500, or
MSProject Server 2002 - $1500 + 50*$170 for Web Access Licenses =
$10000
+ price for required MS SQL Server $1500 minimum or $11000 maximum

I want to contribute my work to Open Source Community, but it breaks
my company policy :-/
I have a right to pass sources with my gratitude for free to
contributors of technologies we used (for own usage) - Apache, Perl,
mod_perl, DBI, DBD::mysql, Template::Toolkit, Apache::ASP (we used it
early), AxKit... Sorry if forget someone. May these people advise how
to separate free version of the system for Open Source Community and
not much harm sales of the system?

PS: We're redesigning the interface just now. Some pages are different
from each other :)
Sergey Polyakov               aka "BeerBong"
Chief of WebZavod     http://www.webzavod.ru
Tel. +7 (8462) 43-93-85 | +7 (8462) 43-93-86
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]