Andrew Ho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I went to the mod_perl website with the intention of asking, "what
> version of mod_perl works with Perl 5.8?" I found that there wasn't an
> easy way to find this out. We seem to get a lot of questions on the list
> about mod_perl with Apache 2 and so forth.
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a recommended version matrix for
> mod_perl? For example, to indicate that mod_perl 1.27, Apache 1.3.26, and
> Perl 5.6.1 are a stable combination, whereas if you have Apache 2.0.40,
> you need mod_perl 1.99 and whichever version of Perl.

It's not stated anywhere, because it just works. we are talking about
mod_perl 1.0 here. It works with any of the perl versions 5.5-5.8.

If you are talking about mod_perl 2.0, here is the info:

- prefork mpm requires 5.6.0 or higher (preferrably at least 5.6.1)
- threaded mpms require 5.8.0.

It should be listed here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Prerequisites
I'll update it shortly.