On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Hytham Shehab wrote:

> hi guys,
>     while am using activeperl on XP, i have installed mod_perl v1.27_01-dev
> using
> ppm, but after getting the whole thing, some script runs and offer me to
> create apache/modules/, when i answere with yes, it bail out upnormally,
> telling me 'something' i didn't figure out about mod_perl.so, then i have
> tried to get this file from the normal tar.gz, but no good.
> in few words, it seems that i have a mod_perl module, but it is not
> complete/functioning correctly.

It sounds like the script to install mod_perl.so into your
Apache modules/ directory failed. You could either try
installing it again via ppm, and when prompted give the
complete path to your Apache modules/ directory, or else
just get mod_perl.tar.gz from
    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/x86/
and unpack it, upon which mod_perl.so appears in the
top-level directory - you can then move it manually to
the Apache modules/ directory.

--
best regards,
randy kobes