Martin Moss wrote:
> All,
>
> can anybody provide any help with this problem  - and maybe explain why
> I get the following anomoly?

[snip]

> mod_perl_push_handlers: Not a subroutine name or CODE reference! at
> /usr/local/lib/perl//MyMod/Apache/Multiplex.pm line 101.

I really can't follow what you're doing here, but the above error is
pretty clear: the second argument to push_handlers() isn't in the
correct format.

I would try a few simple debug statements using Data::Dumper or
something (and probably not print() since it has that funny
dereferencing feature) to see what's in the variable so you're
completely sure.  maybe you're holding a reference to the string and
not the string itself.

you could also try using

PerlSetEnv MOD_PERL_TRACE all

in your httpd.conf to find out what mod_perl sees under the hood
(assuming you have a debug perl and built mod_perl with PERL_TRACE=1)

> Anyway, Answers on a Postcard please:-)

if you're still having problems, if you could reduce the scenario to a
simple test case we can try, that would help.

--Geoff