Hear hear!

We're using AxKit for our development and everyone has a copy of the
entire site (many thousand files) in their home directories on the
development machine and its been great!  No more "I didn't touch it but
it stopped working" problems :)  It also allows everyone to experiment
with features without messing up what anyone else is working on.

Combine that with a series of perl scripts (also in cvs) which generate
our bulk content (i.e. massive database dumps into xml files),

Every so often we run a cvs update on our production machine to keep
things in sync (we treat it just like another client).

Go for it...its worth the trouble...especially the first time someone
breaks something and you can determine who and when it was broken.

Brian Wheeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]