Perrin Harkins writes:
> Correct Perl style is probably not something that any two people will
> ever agree on.

If you use Extreme Programming, the whole team has to agree.
Collective ownership, pair programming, and refactoring all suffer if
you don't have a common coding style.  The use of map, unless,
closures, eval, etc. needs to be discussed and agreed on.  It's a
sign of a weak team if you can't agree on these details.

> I've seen some hideous Java code at this place that really takes the
> wind out of the "Java is more maintainable" argument.

I thought all Java code is hideous. ;-)

Rob