Bas A.Schulte wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to get at the configured MaxClients setting from within my handler?

I checked Apache::Server which gives you some configuration information but there's no accessor for MaxClients.

Any other, easy, way?

see my previous post from earlier this week :)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=103791699126881&w=2

in this case, MaxClients looks like it calls ap_daemons_limit to make the setting, so you may be able to create a subclass that offers up that API to perl-land. for more information on how, you can check out the slides from my recent ApacheCon talk:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/slides/ApacheCon/oo-mod_perl-printable.ppt.gz

hmm... sounds like another good idea to add to my next talk :)

--Geoff