Matt Lopresti wrote:
I am worried about the ENV{MOD_PERL} var not being set. What would cause that not to get set? Is it a perms issue? In the conf file the User is nobody and the Group is nobody. I am doing the entire make as root.
If you are seeing the mod_perl token in the server response headers or the server startup:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Checking_the_error_log
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Testing_via_telnet

but not in the script:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Testing_via_a_CGI_script

that means only one thing: You're calling the script under mod_cgi and not mod_perl. Re-check again that you make the request to a location configured to be run under Apache::Registry and also that you
don't override the mod_perl settings with ScriptAlias setting later in httpd.conf.