Hey,

One of the things I understood mod_perl allowed you to do is to tie a
Hash/DBM to the top apache process, so that it's always available
throughout the other apache processes?  Is that right?  Is there a good
tutorial somewhere (or is it simple enough to show me in an email?)

Thing I want to do is this..  We've just launched a huge site which was
never very well designed/structured etc, and we don't reall have time
right now to re-do it...

We're now getting steady traffic (by accident really) and of course
there's quite a high drop off...  I want to add a simple popup that
appears when someone leaves the site.. What it would do is simply ask ..

"Are you leaving the site because..
        a) It's not what I'm looking for
        b) I don't like the look of it
        c) I was just browsing
        d) You're too expensive
        e) Leave me alone and don't bother me"

Now I was going to simply link the options to a 'Thankyou' page with a
query string we can grep out of the logs at a later date, but while
discussing this with a friend last night he said that if he had bothered
to vote he would like to know the average voting, so the thankyou page
could include a little bargraph of the votes so far.

It needs to be very quick (cos I don't want to unneccasarily load the
server) but I think all I want to do is +1 to corresponding value in a
DBM when they vote and return a graph from each of the values in the DBM
in the thanks page.

(PS.  Do people think this is a bad idea from the start? Would you vote?
Or would it just annoy you immensly?  ie. is is a bit too much of an
intrusion?)

Thanks,

Jimbo

Jim Morrison