Thanks Perrin,

I've been trying to use Apache::DB to track down the problem, but I'm not
having a lot of luck.

I think it is in the locking as if I let things hang long enough and then
shut down Apache, I get a error of:

Can't call method "disconnect" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Lock/MySQL.pm line 89 during
global destruction.

Which is Apache::Session::Lock:MySQL

I'm still no closer as to figuring out why though.

-Chris