> >mod_perl and the methods available in the apache request object shuold
beable
> >to replace CGI.pm entirely, especially when you have a highly customized
> >RequestHandler :/
> >
> >Guess I'll see what happens, since I need cookie headers to work AND now
> >multiple values for one param.
>
> Have you looked at Apache::Request?

Reading documentation.. and it looks like $r->param is what I need :)  Thanks!

--- perldoc Apache::Request ---

param

Get or set request parameters (using case-insensitive
keys) by mimicing the OO interface of "CGI::param".
Unlike the CGI.pm version, Apache::Request's param
method is very fast- it's now quicker than even
mod_perl's native Apache->args method.  However,
CGI.pm's "-attr => $val" type arguments are not sup-
ported.

# similar to CGI.pm

my $value = $apr->param('foo');
my @values = $apr->param('foo');
my @params = $apr->param;

# the following differ slightly from CGI.pm

# assigns multiple values to 'foo'
$apr->param('foo' => [qw(one two three)]);

# returns ref to underlying apache table object
my $table = $apr->param; # identical to $apr->parms - see below

parms

Get or set the underlying apache parameter table of
the Apache::Request object.  When invoked without
arguments, "parms" returns a reference to an
Apache::Table object that is tied to the
Apache::Request object's parameter table.  If called
with an Apache::Table reference as as argument, the
Apache::Request object's parameter table is replaced
by the argument's table.

# $apache_table references an Apache::Table object
$apr->parms($apache_table); # sets $apr's parameter table

# returns ref to Apache::Table object provided by $apache_table
my $table = $apr->parms;