On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 11:51, Steve Hay wrote:
> Thus, I want to have something like this:
>
> /myproject                 [mp1]
> /myproject/component1   [mp1]
> /myproject/component2   [mp1]
> /myproject/images       [static]
> /myproject/javascript   [static]
> /myproject/stylesheets  [static]
>
> The question is: What is the best way to configure this?

Others have already given good advice, but I would add that your URLs
and your filesystem don't need to be tied tightly together.  You could
just alias the static files to somewhere else:

Alias /static/images /myproject/images

Then you can simply refer to them in URLs as /static/images/foo.jpg.

Alternatively, you could use a Location setting for your dispatcher that
has nothing to do with your files:

<Location /wild/and/crazy/path/for/handlers>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler MyProject->dispatcher
</Location>

Then you can call /wild/and/crazy/path/for/handlers/component1 and it
will work as long as your dispatcher is smart enough to ignore the
beginning path.  (Apache::Dispatch is.)

- Perrin