On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 09:13, James Smith <j...@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:
Use perl-critic this will find most of the nasties that you have the classic is:

Thanks for the tip! I have no idea how long I've been writing stuff in perl - and I never knew of this!

I ran it with the -3 option - which I figure is a good middle ground...

The good news, I just ran it over a lot of my code and it seems the only real things it picks up are not having a /x on the end of regex matches, using hard tabs, and multiline strings. I'd say that's a good sign.

It did pick up a couple of open statements that I didn't have a close for (*slaps wrist*), but I haven't seen much in the way of what looks to be major issues.

I was trying to find the PBP references - and was amazed that the Perl Best Practices *ebook* s $56.20 AUD hahahah

Amazon has a few copies listed second hand, with 3 weeks shipping.... The joys of being on an island a long way from anything ;)

--
Steven Haigh

📧 net...@crc.id.au <mailto:net...@crc.id.au>
💻 https://www.crc.id.au <https://www.crc.id.au/>