On Thu, Mar 04, 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If I wanted mod_ssl to use DER Base64 encoded certs by default, would it be
> as simple as doing a `perl -pi -e 's/PEM/DER/g;'` to the mod_ssl source
> files, and then adding '-outform DER' to makecrt.sh where appropriate?
> (compile and install afterwards of course)

No, it isnīt such easy, because not all _PEM functions of OpenSSL have direct
DER counterparts. But DER cert/key loading can be supported with a little bit
of extra code, of course.  But the question is: why do you want to use DER?
The conversion via "openssl x509 ..." is trivial... So, whatīs the
reasons? Perhaps itīs actually interesting to support DER in mod_ssl
in general?