Hi.

I'm running Apache 1.3.4, mod-ssl 2.2.3 and SSLeay 0.9.0b.
I've already set up the browser with SSL, and even some more stuff, and all
works fine.

The question is when I issue a client certificate. I've already read the
ns-ca.doc and followed the instructions of F. Hirsch about the script to
create a client certificate request. I've managed the browser (Netscape, for
now) to recognize the certificate but when I do a verify certificate it
gives a "Not certified for E-Mail", when I've accepted the CA that signed
the certificate ( my own self-signed CA) to certify e-mail users!
Does anyone have a clue on this?
Is this a problem of ssleay, and therefore should be fine in openssl?

Thanks for any help.

--
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Dept. Informatica, Fac. Ciencias,
|\ |    |\ |      Tel: +351 1 7500127   Univ. Lisboa, Bloco C5, Campo Grande