> > Oh?! Does this imply that you can have multiple virtual SSL hosts hanging
> > off the same IP address?
>
> No, I'm just talking about virtual hosts and implicitly assumed that this in
> SSL-context always means IP-based. In other words: The virtual hosts cannot
> share the same IP, of course.
>
> > There was a discussion some time ago, and as far as I remember you could
> > only have one SSL site per IP address, is that not true?
>
> Yes and no. Yes in general, no when you take TCP ports into account, too.
> Because the IP:Port is actually what has to be unique, i.e. you can use two
> HTTPS servers without problems on IP:443 and IP:8443, of course.

Another thing that can be done is to have a wildcard cert
(common name = *.domain) this will allow you to have
foo.domain:443, bar.domain:443, www.domain:443 etc.  All of
the domains have the same ip address and port, and they all
use the same cert.  I know that Thawte issues these certs,
not sure about anyone else.