Maybe this info can help in finding a solution to the POST and/or Apache
hang problem.

We are using a Java based client doing POSTs to a Apache/mod_ssl/Jserv
server. The client uses bothe SSL session reuse and HTTP Keep-Alive
(just
like the Netscape browser). The problems seemed to be related to the use
of Keep-Alive.

At one time we experienced the following problems:

* Apache would close the connection unexpectedly, often in the middle
  of the (n'th) output phase. (The close notify was sent, but the
channel
  was closed too early).

* Sometimes Apache processes would hang, not responding, but using all
  available cpu.

I did not find out why Apache did this, but I found out how to avoid it.
Our client had a bug causing it to send a few bytes more than the
"Content-Length:" header said. Wen we fixed that, both Apache problems
went away.
--
Mats Josefsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
RSV DataService