> On Sun, Mar 21, 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >   I just did the following:
> >
> >     cd apache_1.3.4
> >     make clean
> >     cd ../mod_ssl-2.2.5-1.3.4
> >     ./configure ...
> >     cd ../apache_1.3.4
> >     ./configure ...
> >     make
> >     make install
> >
> >   which would seem to COMPLETELY rebuild the apache and mod_ssl source
> > trees, and I'm still having the POST problem, using mod_ssl with DSO.
>
> Hmmm... I've yesterday evening tried it again myself with a little POST
> cgi-script and all worked fine. So, you've to give me more details on your
> particular "POST problem" or I cannot help you. Perhaps it's something
> different this time. What exact URLs you request, what scripts/pages are on
> the filesystem and how are they configured?
>
> BTW, Apache doesn't allow POSTs to all things per default and Netscape doesn't
> like Apache's non-200/OK response in these cases. So, are you sure your "POST
> problem" works at least with plain HTTP?

I have four scripts that I call using HTTPS.  Two are C programs, one is
a PHP3.0.7 script, and one is a shell script.  All of these scripts work
over HTTP with POST. All work over HTTPS with GET.  One of the C programs
and the shell script work over HTTPS with POST.  The other C program and
the PHP script do not. The scripts that work both do some processing and
send output to the browser.  The scripts that don't work do some processing
then send a "Location: " header to send to another page.  The problem
appears to be in the redirection, then.  This is the error I get:

  "An I/O error occured during security authorization. Please try
   your connection again"

I'm using:
  Apache 1.3.4
  mod_ssl 2.2.5-1.3.4