I haven't been able to duplicate the server error on IE4.0+ on your test
server. (PR#136). ARgh!

Could you share with us the details of the installation of
en4.engelschall.com so we may compare to find the differences and to
test the same configuration in our own environment.  This would be most
helpfull.

John

      http://en4.engelschall.com/
     https://en4.engelschall.com/

an Apache/1.3.6+mod_ssl/2.2.6+OpenSSL/0.9.2b test server is running
under
FreeBSD 3.1. It has three test CGI scripts installed, debugging enabled
and
and a little mechanism to look at the last 16KB of the Apache logfiles.

I've now connected with the following Netscape browsers running under
X11 on
my development FreeBSD 3.1 box here at home:

     Netscape 2.02
     Netscape 3.04
     Netscape 4.08
     Netscape 4.51

and all four versions connected fine and passed the three CGI scripts
successfully without any hangs, any I/O errors or other unusual things.
In
other words, as I said: Under my development platform I cannot reproduce
your
problems. So, it's now your turn. Connect from your favorite client
platform
with your esoteric clients and hopefully let us find out something...