On Mon, Nov 30, 1998, Tom Vaughan wrote:

> > Sorry for the delay, but a lot of stuff from my "development queue" had to be
> > incorporated and tested. But now here it is: mod_ssl 2.1.1, the first bugfix
> > release for the 2.1 branch. [...snip...]
>
> Does this mean that the 2.0.x branch is dead? That is, do you plan on
> maintaining two branches; a "stable" branch and a "development" branch?

The current branch is 2.1 and 2.0 is mostly dead now, yes. Perhaps for those
not such flexible people who don't want to upgrade to 2.1 I'll create a final
2.0.16 with some backported bugfixes. But then 2.0 is definedly dead. All
development and bufixing effort already goes to the 2.1 branch, only.

> p.s. I'd like to see just one branch.

This cannot be said in general. At least there will be no longer a maintained
2.0 branch.  But I've already large Diffie-Hellman/DSA changes in the queue
and I'm currently thinking about whether to start 2.2b for them or incorporate
it into 2.1.x when they're ready.  So there can be more than one branch, of
course. But never two _release_ branches! I try to only have one release
branch and perhaps one beta branch. But be sure that there will be not two
release branches (which I guess is what you asked about).