On Mon, Jun 28, 1999, Michael Kunze wrote:

> i found the fix for the problem mentioned below. Somehow it was my
> fault: i had compiled and installed MM-1.0.8 before. So the solution
> was to set EAPI_MM=SYSTEM. With EAPI_MM=../mm-1.0.8 no Makefile was
> generated. Maybe 'Configure' should be some more fault tolerant with
> MM...;->...

Hmmm... please wait, let me understand it. Side-by-side with apache_1.3.6/ you
had mm-1.0.8/ and you had done "./configure --disable-shared; make; make
install" there. And then with the mentioned APACI command line "...
EAPI_MM=../mm-1.0.8 ..." the stuff configures correctly but generates the
empty Makefile? That cannot be, because in Apache's src/Configure we have:

| else
|    echo "Configure:Error: Cannot find MM library under $EAPI_MM" 1>&2
|    exit 1

So when MM cannot be found, it complains. Else I see no reason why the
Makefile generation should fail. Hmmm..  is it possible to show me the exact
output of the APACI configure run when it fails? Because I want to fix it, but
I'm still confused and don't know what exactly I should fix....