On Thu, Jul 15, 1999, lin geng wrote:

> I am working on a server running on HPUX.  The server is invoked by inetd.
> Can I use the fileno(stdin) in SSL_set_fd(ssl, fileno(stdin))?  Where ssl is
> the SSL structure.  Anybody has experiences in this?  My server works fine
> with sockets opened in itself, but having problem when the inetd start the
> process.

This is not a mod_ssl related questions, so you send it to openssl-users
instead of modssl-users, of course. Nevertheles: Yes, the above should work.
Although I think it's not useful to combine stdio and SSL. Because you can't
force stdio to use SSL_read/SSL_write instead of read/write when you perform
any fprintf/fputs/etc calls. It's better to use OpenSSL BIO library for this.