On Mon, Nov 08, 1999, Kari Savolainen wrote:

> I get strange error when trying to compile mod_ssl+apache in HP-UX 11.00.
> This is the whole process that I have done plus the error message:
>
> [...]
>         flex -Pssl_expr_yy -s -B ssl_expr_scan.l
> "ssl_expr_scan.l", line 89: bad character: %
> "ssl_expr_scan.l", line 90: unknown error processing section 1
> "ssl_expr_scan.l", line 90: bad character: %
> "ssl_expr_scan.l", line 91: unknown error processing section 1
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> Now, what is my problem?? Am I missing some compiler flag or have I
> configured mod_ssl or openssl packages wrong? I'd very much appreciate any
> help you can give me, thanks.

1. Your filesystem timestamps seem to be messed up, because
   the lex and yacc targets should never be triggered for
   end users (as long as they haven't messed up timestamps
   in src/modules/ssl/).

2. ssl_expr_scan.l:89 is fine. I don't know what brain-dead
   flex you've installed, but the source is correct and should pass flex
   successfully. Try upgrading or re-installing your flex.  Or forget this
   issue and fix 1) by doing "touch ssl_expr_scan.c ssl_expr_parse.c
   ssl_expr_parse.h".