On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When the next version of Apache is released, can you just upgrade
> the Apache or will mod_ssl and/or openssl need to be reinstalled to
> retain SSL  ?
>
> /thinkahead-mode

You sould beable to just drop the new apache source into place, and
recompile it with the proper params like you did before.  This is easiest
if you retain the source for mod_ssl and openssl under some apache
specific src/ tree, if ya dig what I'm saying;  you already built
the other two, yer just going to rebuild apache with their inclusion.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!