Hi,

> I am very familiar configuring mod_ssl / openssl / apache.  Can someone
> advise as to the pitfalls I might encounter, if there are any, and how
> to overcome them when upgrading from the following versions of software
> to the latest on a FREEBSD box?
>
> OS: 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #2 i386 (not a chance of upgrading
> this to latest...yet!)
> APACHE: 1.3.9
> MODSSL: mod_ssl/2.4.0
> OPENSSL: OpenSSL/0.9.4
>
> What I am really worried about is my vhost's certs.  Will they still
> work if I upgrade modssl and openssl?
>
> Will they still work if I just upgrade apache and mod_ssl (do I even
> need to upgrade openssl at all?)

I have no idea.  :-)  I wouldn't expect any problems to arise, but why don't
you test it by running the upgraded version in a different directory and on
different ports?  I do this all the time on production machines.

> Can I just upgrade apache and keep the current versions of modssl
> and openssl...?

You can't do this, mod_ssl generally only works for the version of Apache
it's released for.

-Dave