Taco,
You need to explicitly trust the CAs in your chain in Netscape. To do this,
you need to click on the Security icon, select Signers, and then edit each of
the CAs in your chain. When you edit each of the CAs, you will see three
checkboxes. Click on each of the check boxes to accept the CA for each of the
three items. This should resolve the problem you're experiencing. Also, you
can test to ensure this works by highlighting one of your CAs (I would pick the
intermediate CA) and click on the "verify" button. It should return with a
this CA was verified correctly message.
Lorrayne
Taco Scargo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been experimenting a bit with signing a certificate request with my
> key/cert combination that was issued/certified by Equifax Secure (which is
> certified by Thawte). I added my certified certificate to the
> SSLCACertificate and SSLCertificateChain files. This works fine in MSIE and
> Opera browsers.
> When I view the chain in MSIE I see:
>
> Thawte->Equifax Secure->www.yournic.com (my certified
> certificate)->www.nlfactory.com
>
> In Netscape browsers however I get a warning that the browser does not
> recognise the signing authority. This probably means that Netscape does not
> work correctly with Chained CAs.
> Is this correct or am I doing something wrong ?
>
> The urls to try out:
>
> https://www.yournic.com (no warning in Netscape)
> https://www.nlfactory.com (warning in Netscape
>
> Thanks,
>
> Taco Scargo
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]