From: David Rees [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 5:03 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: MSIE POST problem

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 03:47:11PM -0700, Peter Morelli wrote:
> I've done a little more testing, and it seems like turning OFF the "Show
> friendly http error pages" option in MSIE allows apache/mod_ssl to
downgrade
> the connection to HTTP/1.0 correctly. Turning it back on again leads to a
> situation where it is NOT downgraded, and you get the "server not found"
> page. Again, this is only for file uploads.

It seems that recent versions (5.x+) of MSIE don't like being downgrade to
HTTP/1.0.

Try this config in place of your current SetEnvIf or BrowserMatch directive:

BrowserMatch "MSIE [1-4]" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "MSIE [5-9]" ssl-unclean-shutdown

You may be able to get away without having the second line entirely, but I
haven't tested it myself.  Let us know how it works out.

-Dave