I have poured through all the documentation I can find on enabling mod_ssl
with Apache 1.3.26 but keep coming up short.  If I static link the mod_ssl
it works fine but when I try to enable DSO and use it as a shared library I
keep getting ap_add_config_define : referenced symbol not found.  I have the
following config setup for the apache build:

#!/bin/ksh
SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl \
EAPI_MM=../mm-1.1.3 \
EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH=logs/httpd.mm \
LIBS=/usr/lib/libC.so.5 \
CFLAGS=-fPIC \
./configure     --prefix=/opt/apache \
                --enable-rule=EAPI \
                --enable-module=ssl \
                --enable-shared=ssl \
                --disable-rule=SSL_COMPAT \
                --enable-rule=SSL_SDBM \
                --enable-suexec \
                --suexec-caller=http

I have followed the instructions in the modssl install guide to patch
Apache.  Please verify the following build for mod_ssl:

./configure     --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 \
                --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl \
                --with-mm=../mm-1.1.3

If you can help (point me to some documentation) I would be very grateful...

David S. Loesche
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Yipes Communications, Inc.
Main:   (415) 901-2000                  114 Sansome Street, Suite 1045
Direct:         (415) 901-2210                  San Francisco, CA 94104
Fax:    (415) 901-2201                  http://www.yipes.com

Yipes is the defining provider of fully scalable bandwidth for businesses.
We offer fully managed high-speed Internet and Nationwide LAN-to-LAN
services at speeds ranging from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps, in 1 Mbps increments.

Yipes delivers this uniquely flexible service over the first nationwide
system of optical IP networks.