Hello,
I am new to the ssl world. Right now I am running w2k with apache 1.3.23 web
server. I downloaded the mod_ssl package from the website. I changed the
port on my apache web server to 443. On a high level what do i need to do to
create a secure web server? I guess my real problem is i don't know what ssl
does for me. What i am looking for is something that can password protect
the files on my server. I want to let specific people to access my site and
that is it. They must have a password to use it. Is mod_ssl what i want or
should i be looking else where?
thanks for any input,
brian