Well I may have figured this out, https is now running, cert was in the
wrong place, but https returns the default web page for the apache
installation, instead of the real site, which does come up with just
http.  I think I can figure that out, but if anyone has pointer
thanks,  and thanks for suffering my dumb questions.

--
Matt