didyou install openssl with shared libs?  I recall this being a
requirement for the apache 2 code.  Also there is a newer version of
apache available, it is a security update.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!