I don't have the time to investigate this fully in the context of SSL but from a
general understanding of how apache combines nested directives like this, I think you
might need to change the order of the Location containers. The rules for combining
directives are a bit complicated and (I have to say) not entirely well-documented. I
think you need to consider the line in sections.html document (look for a link in docs
from the <Location> doc):

"... each group is processed in the order that they appear in the configuration files
..."

This would imply that apache loads the rule for /upgrade.html then overrides it with
the rule for /. I am assuming here that "order" refers to the order in which apache
reads data from the config during startup and not the order in which applies
directives to incoming requests...

Confused? Me too...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle