Cliff Wooley:
> But there's a reason we can't distribute crypto
> binaries from apache.org --  if we could, we
> would.  Guess we wait for Ralf to check up on
> the contrib area.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that ITAR restrictions eased up about
a year ago, so OpenSSL strong crypto can now be exported with no problems
*except* to specially targeted countries like Iraq. Case in point: MSIE 6
includes strong SSL (buggy but strong) and you can download it off
microsoft.com with no restrictions. I vaguely remember downloading a strong
crypto Mozilla or Opera or something like that some months ago by just
filling in a form saying that I'm not a terrorist and I don't live in Cuba,
Iraq or such.

żIs there anybody here on the cypherpunk lists who can clarify?

MZ