-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of James Barwick
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 4:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2 VirtualHosts with 2 Certificates

Should have read the MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!!!

Can't do that. Learn a little more about SSL. It's IP based, not name based. So, you can only have
one certificate and one firtual host on 92.35.28.17:443. Sorry...but that's the way it goes.

Same question answer number four billion six hundred seventeen million two hundred thirty-four thousand nine hunderd twenty-four!

;)

JDB

toxshark wrote:

i have the apache configured with 2 VirtualHosts on port 443.

both VirtualServers have separately CertificateFiles and CertificateKeyFiles.

but now if i connect to the VirtualHost2, the Host have the Certificate from the VirtualServer1!

both Hosts have now the same Certificate.

my httpd.config:

NameVirtualHost 92.35.28.17:443

<VirtualHost 92.35.28.17:443>

ServerName domain1.com

ServerAlias www.domain1.com

DocumentRoot "/web1/"

SSLEngine on

SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache/key/ssl1.cert

SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache/key/ssl1.key

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 92.35.28.17:443>

ServerName domain2.com

ServerAlias www.domain2.com

DocumentRoot "/web2/"

SSLEngine on

SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache/key/ssl2.cert

SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache/key/ssl2.key

</VirtualHost>