Hi Terry,

Perhaps your directives are being overridden in a "IfDefine SSL" or
"IfModule SSL" block ? Listen IP:Port does work, works for me. Do you
have the following in your config ?

Listen my.ip.address:443
NameVirtualHost my.ip.address:443
<VirtualHost my.ip.address:443>
</VirtualHost>

Cheers,

Mark

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Terry Kerr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running apache 1.3.26 and mod_ssl 2.8.9-2.1 on a debian linux system.
>
> The system has two IP's, and I only wish for apache to start on ports 80 and 443
> on one of those IPs.  I am using named based virtual hosting for many sites on
> the system for http, and have just one virtual host setup for https on port 443.
>   The problem that I am having is that I cannot stop mod_ssl from binding to
> port 443 on both the IP's on my system.  I have tried every possible combination
> of Listen, BindAddress, and Port, and have managed to prevent http from starting
> on all IP's, but https still starts on all IPs.  Is there any way to stop this?

ddD> Will I need to start two seperate servers, one serving http only, and
one