On Thursday, Aug 21, 2003, at 21:53 US/Eastern, Ian Newlands wrote:

Dave

Thank you for your reply, it was most enlightening and yes I will re-assess my future as a human being. Hopefully that statement somehow makes you feel better about yourself.
[...]

Get over yourself. I went out of my way to make it COMPLETELY CLEAR that I was not intending my comments as any sort of insult or other attack on your intelligence or worth as a person.

-dsp

[once again, I'm reminded why I stopped contributing to listservs a few years back]