You can find a tip regarding the MSIE issue at
<http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49>.

--I have already done this, to get MSIE 5.0 browsers to work.

I also discovered that the newest MSIE has more trouble with mod_ssl
than other browsers.
We saw that a MS Proxy Server (or MS ISA Server) with enabled
authentification using NTLM increase the issue.

We use the another way to resolve the MSIE keepalive issue. We have set
up a KeepaliveTimeout of 120 seconds.
The apache server may need more memory resources because there are more
open apache processes to cope with the longer timeout.

--Hmmm... but the FAQ mentioned the "nokeepalive" option, wouldnt that
cancel the KeepAliveTimeout??

-Torvald