-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rory Chisholm
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 7:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Expired CA Certificate

This isn't totally modssl related but maybe someone knows the answer.

I'm using OpenSCEP with openssl. My CA Certificate has just expired.
Now since our VPN sees very little use (only one important user) I'd like
to re-issue
the x509 CA certificate with the same key but different attributes (a later
expiry date).

Can this be done without re-generating every certificate ever issued from
scratch ? The
real question here is do x509 certificates that have been signed by a CA
certificate store a
hash of the CA certificate based solely on the CA's key or based on the
full CA certificate including
it's attributes ?

Has anyone had any experience doing this ?

                        Thanks for any help,

                                        Rory Chisholm